After going paleo about 3 years ago, there are a few things I consistently miss on the regular. Ramen happens to be one of them. I was a HUGE ramen lover and knew all the best places in the Boston area.
I don't do well with any kind of grains (whether is it gluten-free or not) but I recently found these Kelp Noodles by Gold Mine so I decided to try a homemade ramen-inspired soup with coconut curry.
Not to brag but this is one of the best soups I've ever made!! It has a ton of flavor and was just the right amount of spicy.
Avocado Oil (for the pan)
2 large close of Garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger
1/2 of a Lime, squeezed
A few dashes of Paprika
1 large Leek
1 container of fresh Mushrooms of your choosing
1-2 drops of Lemongrass Essential Oil (if desired, but not necessary)
2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 tbsp of Honey
1 package of Mike's Organic Curry Love - Red Thai Curry Paste
2 cups of broth of your liking
1 can of Organic Coconut Milk
2 Chicken Breasts
2 cups of Water
1 bag of Kelp Noodles
Cilantro, Jalapeno, Lime for toppings
- Warm Avocado oil in a large sauce pan. Add Garlic, Mushrooms, and Leeks until cooked through.
- Add in Mike's Organic Curry Love paste, Coconut Milk, Coconut Aminos, Lime juice into the pot stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes
- Add in Bone Broth, Lemongrass EO, Paprika, and Honey to desired taste.
- Bring this to a bowl and add in Kelp Noodles. Reduce to low for about 10 -15 minutes.
- Top with Cilantro, Jalapeno, and more Lime
- Season chicken as desired ( I used salt and pepper)
- Grill chicken on a grill pan for around 20-25 mins (until cooked through)
- Shred chicken with 2 forks and add to your broth!