If I had a magic wand and could go back in time to when my health first deteriorated, these are the 10 tips I would give myself.. among some other things!! :)
1. Nutrition - Nutrition is number 1 in my book. Even if you don't see an immediate change, you should focus on an anti-inflammatory diet and figure out what is best for your body on your healing journey. Whatever you are putting in your body is either fighting or feeding disease. Food is MEDICINE! The right foods can give you relief from symptoms, heal the dis-ease in your body. Don't under estimate the power of healing foods. If you don't know where to start, work with someone to get you on the right track!
2. Supplements & Herbals - Looking back on my own healing journey, I was on antibiotics for WAY TOO LONG, a year and a half too long. This destroyed my microbiome. If I had to do this all over again, I would have went for an herbal protocol right away. Herbals helped me so much faster without any negative side affects and pushed me into remission.
Getting on the right supplements to support your bodies healing is another important aspect to healing. This helps balance your hormones, support your immune system, detoxify your organs and overall give your body what it needs. I used muscle testing to figure out what my body needed every couples of weeks.
3. ADVOCATE- You know your body better than ANYONE else does. Listen to what your intuition is telling you- if something doesn't seem right, believe yourself. Switch doctors if you need to. Speak your truth, advocate for yourself and your symptoms.
4. Support Network- Find a support network! Having a group of people like holistic coach, acupuncturist, reiki practitioner, Naturopathic Doctor, friends and family who will be there for you. People you can lean on for support and are good for your healing.
5. Detoxing- Detoxing is important so you can reduce your herx symptoms and help your body eliminate pathogens. Pick a method that works best for you. Some of my favorites are - epsom salt baths, saunas, cleanses, ionic foot baths, and reiki. Check out my other post on detoxing!
6. Asking for help- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your friends and family want to support you but don’t always know how. Tell them how they can support your on your healing journey from picking up groceries, to taking you to the doctor, just get giving you a hug!
7. Find a Community of Like-Minded People- Finding a community of people who are going through the same thing is a great way to connect and be able to questions and learn more. Facebook, Instagram, local support groups, meet ups, yoga studios, ask around!
8. Compassion for Yourself- Forgive yourself. You didn’t choose to be sick and you are doing your best to heal. Don’t feel guilty if you need to stay in bed all day or have to cancel plans.
9. Affirmations, Gratitudes & Prayer- Mindset is HUGE when it comes to healing. Once I started believing I could heal and having an attitude of gratitude, I started to heal more. Pick 3 things every day you are grateful for, even if it is as small as taking a shower. Having a positive mindset can pull you out of the darkest places. Writing down affirmations like "I know I am healthy, I know I am healing everyday, I support my body in healing, I love and accept myself." You want to put positive vibrations out there so you attract more positive things into your life. Lastly, prayer- I wish I did this morning when I was healing. Tell the Universe what you want! Pray to who you believe in for the things you want in your life.
10. Don’t Give Up- I understand your pain, I have been through it, I was walking with a cane 3-4 years ago and now I have been in remission for almost 2 year. It is not an easy journey but you are much stronger than you know. Don’t give up, keep fighting, you can heal.
With Love - Ness <3